Monday, April 27, 2015

Getting Started

This might be the last major line of my family tree for which I have to track my research efforts. I haven't spent alot of time in this neck of my woods, and I have to ask myself why.

Well, the surname Brown does not immediately inspire my curiosity, especially because I presume that I will be drowning in families named Brown with no way to differentiate them. That may or may not be true, but at least now I have slightly more genealogical experience to guide my research and analysis. And if I knew this particular family line was Quaker, then I had forgotten it, and that in itself adds to the interest factor now.

As for the name Hildreth, let me just admit a silly bias.  This family was English, which when compared to all the other places of origin in my family - France, Germany, and Ireland mostly - then English ancestors seem somewhat less interesting.  And besides, weren't the English "the bad guys"? Sigh. You see what I mean about needing some genealogical maturing.

With all that said, I'm happy now to explore more fully these two maternal lines in my family tree. This blog will record (or attempt to record) my more significant questions and discoveries. And I hope by "putting it out there," other researchers will join the conversation and share their own insights and discoveries.

Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment